Tiwa Savage of the Supreme Mavin Dynasty (SMD) was present at the Nigerian Entertainment Conference, and went hard on Nigerian On Air Personalities (OAPs) saying Nigerian artistes have to beg them to play their songs.
While speaking on difficulties many Nigerian artistes go through in order to promote their content, Savage said,
I was in the UK recently. They have people called ‘Music Pluggers’. These people are professionals who help artistes plug their songs on radio and also ensure that the songs get enough airplay.
But here in Nigeria, we artistes have to take our CDs to radio stations ourselves. We tend to build relationships with OAPs and DJs. We always ensure that we send messages to them on their birthdays because many of us believe that if we don’t do that, they might not play our songs.
I don’t think Rihanna has to know the OAP or the DJ on a breakfast show before getting airplay. I think we need those middle men that will be handling our music promotion.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]