The airline’s Chief Operating Officer, Mrs. Toyin Olajide revealed this today.
According to her, the suspicious case was only of a 13-year-old boy, accompanied by his parents, who was flying for the first time and immediately suffered flight phobia by vomiting while the aircraft was airborne.
She added that calling it coronavirus is simply false information and the airline actually screens passengers for COVID-19 before boarding them.
Her words, “He was with his parents, while airborne, and he started vomiting. The pilot promptly called Port Health, even when it was obvious that he was suffering from flight phobia.
“The captain also informed the Control Tower about the incident, but when the aircraft landed, some people made a video of the aircraft and started circulating false information about what really happened.
“When the aircraft landed it was delayed for 50 minutes so that Port Health officials would come and examine the boy.
“They checked his temperature and certified him okay. They also disinfected the aircraft, and we boarded passengers aircraft to Abuja.
“We have been protecting our passengers and crew from Coronavirus.
“We are the first airline to adopt the screening of passengers for COVID-19 before boarding them.
“We have our COVID-19 team, which must certify every passenger before boarding.
“It is regrettable that some people chose to misinform the public about what happened.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – As E Dey Go [AuDio]
- Rexxie – O Por Remix ft Zlatan & LadiPoe [AuDio]