He recently revealed this in Owerri at a one-day workshop organised for maize growers and processors by the Maize Growers, Processors and Marketers Association of Nigeria (MAGPMAN).
According to him, it is obvious that crude oil is failing Nigeria, so the country must give agriculture more priority in the nation’s affairs for things to improve.
He added that the ministry of agriculture is making efforts to ensure farmers are encouraged in Nigeria.
His words, “Crude oil is failing the country, so we need to give agriculture its prime place in the country. Since 2011 till date the Federal Government has been doing its necessary best to boost agriculture.
“There is need to make agriculture have a face by making the rural community comfortable for the youth to farm.
“There is need for the South East and South South to begin to export maize. There is need for the farmers to manage the crop well in order not to suffer losses.”
“We need to embrace agriculture as a people. We need to strengthen its value chain in our communities, environment and society.
“We need to accept the fact that technology in agriculture has come to stay and that agriculture is the sector that can boost our economy and make life more meaningful to the people.”
“It opened our eyes to the realities in maize cultivation and broadened our hearts to it as a commodity we must all grow and support.
“The farmers must not look at the challenges and gabs, but on the opportunities that exist in the cultivation of maize.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]