The family of former Vice President, Alex Ekwueme, has reacted to the rumours currently spreading online claiming that the former vice president is dead.
Ekwueme, reportedly collapsed and was admitted at the Intensive Care Unit of Memfys Hospital for Neurosurgery, Enugu State before President Muhammadu Buhari approved immediate medical treatment for the him abroad.
The family has described the rumour of his death as �wicked” as they said that the elder statesman is alive and well and is yet to be taken abroad.
In a statement released on Tuesday by the family spokesman, Mr. Uche Ezechukwu, who incidentally is the Chairman Editorial Board of Authority newspaper, the Ekwueme family said:
�The wicked rumour making the rounds about the deterioration of the condition of Dr Alex Ekwueme is totally untrue.
�The truth is that elder statesman is alive and well. His condition is not only stabilizing but improving considerably.
�In fact, the former VP has moved from a stage of unconsciousness to a state whereby he now receives visitors, sits up and eats.
�It is also important to inform that Dr Ekwueme is yet to be taken abroad, as the necessary documentation and preliminary are on course and arrangements are being completed.
�Any statement I make on the elder statesman are impeccable and have full authentication of the family.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Runtown – For Life [AuDio]