Ex President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has begged Nigeria’s west coast neighbor, Benin Republic, to change its ways so there can be a united relationship between both nations.
Olusegun Obasanjo disclosed this during a news briefing on Tuesday in Addis Ababa on the margins of Policy Dialogue of African Business Associations on Implementing the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Agreements.
According to Obasanjo, Benin’s notoriety is known and Nigeria had been enduring for a long time.
He added that the country actually endured until it affected its economic well being
His words, “It happened when I was President of Nigeria. I called the then Benin President, Nicephore Dieudonne Soglo, to let us meet at any of our border posts over the issue.”
“We eventually met at Badagry (in Nigeria), where we agreed that Nigerian Customs would be stationed in Benin.
“They (the Nigerian Customs) are still there. We don’t have issues with goods manufactured in Benin — they are welcome.
“But as long as Benin allow dumping of goods, there will always be problem with Nigeria,”
“The intense support AfCFTA has received from various member states is a clear indication of its importance.
“CoDA is highly engaged to seeking success of AfCFTA and other multilateral agreements. CoDA work is informed and guided by the notion that no one has monopoly of ideas.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Trap Symphony [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]