Benue State Ministry of Finance has, on Thursday, refused to pay the N25,000 which the state government normally pays outgoing corps members who served in organisations owned/run by the state. The 2012 batch ‘B’ corps members who passed out on Thursday were shocked, on getting to the finance office, to be told that the money (hitherto, payed cash on POP day) will be payed directly into their account in the near future. No reason was given for this unwaranted and unprovoked change of tact.
And deserving corps members who have served the state with all diligence and selflessness ‘under the sun and in the rain’, and who had gone to the ministry with expectations had their hopes dashed, and their entitlements witheld.
The questions corps members are asking and getting no answers to include: is the amiable state governor aware and in support of this? ; if this is a new development, why was it not communicated to the benefactors before? why is NYSC silent about this? what is the reason for this sudden change?
All these and so many other questions begging for answer, and to which none seems forthcoming, led to the believe in some quarters that there is a scheme somewhere aimed at diverting the funds for personal interests. And such can never succeed without the conivance of the state NYSC.
Is this another form of pension scam, where the monkey works while the baboo chops?
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Joe El – Epo ft Zlatan & Davido
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Ajebo Hustlers – Pronto ft Omah Lay [AuDio]