It wasn’t quite as eye-catching as her husband’s pro-Obama rhyme at an Ohio rally, but Beyonce posted a note on her official Tumblr expressing gratitude toward the president one day before the election.
Signed by the pop star, Beyonce’s letter praised Barack Obama as a leader and wrote that “you are the reason my daughter and nephew will grow up knowing that they can truly be ANYTHING they want to be.”
Obama has described himself as friends with Jay-Z and Beyonce since he became president.
“I�ve gotten to know these guys over the first several years,” Obama said in a recent interview with Cleveland radio station Z107.9. “They�re good people. Beyonce could not be sweeter to Michelle and the girls. So they�re good friends. We talk about the same things I talk about with all my friends.”
On Monday, Jay-Z added unscripted lines to his planned concert for voters at an Obama rally in Columbus, Ohio, tweaking his song “99 Problems” to reference the president’s Republican challenger. “If you’re having world problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but Mitt ain’t one,” he said.
Beyonce has previously been featured in an Obama campaign ad reading a letter addressed to the First Lady. Jay-Z and Beyonce also hosted a $40,000-per-ticket campaign fundraiser event in September at the 40/40 club that included an appearance by Obama.
Read the note to the president below:
SHARE AND DROP YOUR COMMENTS
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema