The General Overseer of Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo has been asked to pay N2 billion within 14 days as general damages or face legal action, for the death of three-year-old Imienfan Omokaro who got drowned at Kingdom Heritage Model School operated by Winners Chapel in Benin.
A letter written by Omokaro’s Counsel, Prince Peter E. Uwadiae-Igbinigie and, dated November 28, 2012 and made available to journalists in Benin, explained that the amount was “for the callous and senseless killing of our client’s daughter, Miss Imienfan Omokaro.”
Besides, Mr. Omokaro’s lawyers want Kingdom Heritage Model School to tender unreserved apology in three national newspapers, warning that if the demands were not met within 14 days, “we have the irrevocable instructions of our client to commence legal action against the school (Kingdom Heritage Model School) and Church (Winners Chapel) without any further correspondence from this Chambers.”
Imienfan Omokaro, a KG I pupil of Kingdom Heritage Model School, was said to have drowned in a drum of water in a toilet in the school on November 1, 2012.
Also, teachers of the school allegedly did not inform her mother when she came to pick her from school on that fateful day until late in the evening.
The school authorities and Winners Chapel had reportedly kept the girl for more than an hour, praying for her before finally taking her to Irowa Hospital in Benin, where she was confirmed dead.
The girl had died before being brought to hospital, doctors said.
Source: PM News
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]