Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw has blasted mothers who bleach their baby’s skin to make them glow.
Kate jumped on Instagram to talk about the bad practice that is also expensive.
According to her, there is absolutely nothing to glow in the body of babies.
She then urged bleaching cream companies to leave children out of their plans and concentrate on adults.
Her words, “This is where I draw the line!!! Selling all sorts of unverified products to mothers telling them to glow their babies with a flawless shower bath!!What is this self loathing that you want to transfer to children?? For 20k or 30k you want to destroy a future for aesthetic value??”
Do you agree?
Kate Henshaw, also credited as Kate Henshaw-Nuttall (born 19 July 1971), is a Nigerian actress. In 2008 she won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
Henshaw was born in Cross River State, the oldest of four children. After completing her primary and secondary school in Lagos and Calabar, she spent one year at the University of Calabar reading remedial studies, and then majored in Medical Microbiology at the School of Medical Lab Science, LUTH (Lagos University Teaching Hospital) in Lagos. Henshaw worked at the Bauchi State General hospital.
In 1993 Henshaw auditioned for the lead role in the movie When the Sun Sets and was handed the role. This was her first appearance in a major Nollywood movie. Henshaw has starred in over 45 Nollywood movies.
In 2008 she won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the film Stronger than Pain. She is now “The Face of Onga”. Henshaw was a judge on Nigeria’s Got Talent.
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]
- D’banj – Finally [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]