Female singer, Tiwa Savage has backed Burna Boy over his comments on how it is a bad idea to involve yourself in international record deals.
Fans felt he was hating on Tiwa Savage after her recent deal with Universal Music Group (UMG) but her comments has shown that she agrees with him.
Her words, “I think it’s important for artists to be 100% sure and aware of what they’re getting themselves into, especially when it comes to contracts.
Burna is 1000% correct. People took it out of context, maybe. It’s a great advice to any artist: make sure you see your lawyers and do your personal research. It took me a year to conclude this deal.
It took that long for a reason. It took a year to convince them that I don’t want this and I want that and this is the reason why. They understood. I feel blessed in the position I’m in.
I have an amazing deal with UMG and I agree with Burna that while we’re pushing Africa to the World, we need to be careful that we don’t lose ourselves. I think that’s what he’s trying to say.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Qdot – Ole [AuDio]
- May D – Molatiwa E (I Gasto Find You) [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Neptune – Nobody (Icons Remix) ft Laycon & Joeboy