He recently revealed that business has not been the same since the lockdown caused by the disease.
According to him, it has been difficult to sell their animals because of the closure of borders to our West African neighbours, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic.
He added that as soon as the borders were shut due to COVID-19 it started affecting his sales because people no longer come to patronize them.
His words, “We have been having issues selling our animals because of the closure of borders to our West African neighbours, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“This has really affected us because we spend more on pig feeds, due to the hike in prices as well as poor sales.”
“Our pigs are in high demand from our neighbouring countries, especially Benin Republic. Most of the pig farms in Southern Nigeria supply pigs to West African countries.
“Immediately the borders were shut due to COVID-19 it started affecting our sales because people no longer come to patronize us.
“Local pig farmers usually do not source for buyers because we are used to the buyers coming to buy from us in large quantities prior to this period.
“We sell the pigs at lower prices presently but spend more to feed them because demand for pork is currently low.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Beamer (Bad Boyz) [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]