The ministry recently revealed that it will be difficult to beat the pandemic if testing for the virus is not adequate.
According to the Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, too many laboratories across Nigeria are operating below capacity, and efforts are ongoing to make sure there is at least one laboratory in every state.
He added that the target is to test 2 million Nigerians for COVID-19 and the nation is yet to achieve a quarter of that.
His words, “Our target is to test two million Nigerians for COVID-19, of which we have achieved barely a quarter.
“However, plans have been concluded to set up and optimise laboratories in all states.
“For this, collaboration with state and FCT health sector structures is crucial.
“We urge all state organs not to relent in strengthening surveillance and setting up sample collection sites in all LGAs and even in all wards of the hotspot LGAs.”
“While this protocols may cause inconveniences, like delays at the airport, it is a small price to pay for our safety and health, especially for travellers.
“As we strive to bring COVID-19 under control, we endeavour to keep our eyes on other diseases that contribute to mortality, especially of women and children.
“Malaria is an example, for which we continue to strengthen routine services in our primary healthcare facilities.
“This morning, we disseminated the report of 2018 Malaria Therapeutic Efficacy Studies for three Artemisinin-based Combination Therapies ( ACTs) which were tested in Enugu, Kano and Plateau.”
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]