Nollywood actor, Richard Mofe Damijo has spoken against cosmetic surgery.
RMD wrote that the new craze of cosmetic surgery will not guarantee happiness.
This has been seen as a dig aimed at popular celebrities like Tonto Dikeh and Toke Makinwa who intentionally flaunt parts of their bodies after operations like thesem.
His words, “Having been there and done that, I can tell you for free that weight loss, weight gain, butt enlargement, boob lift, marriage, buying/building your own house, having kids, wearing expensive clothes and shoes CANNOT make you truly happy.
Mostly, the things we do to show others we are beautiful, made, tough and/or connected are things that magnify our insecurities. A man who is secure in himself has no urge to flaunt wealth, I’m yet to see Alh. Dangote post a picture of his “machines” or of him “chilling in his private jet”. A woman who is secure in her looks has no urge to go under the knife for enhancement, think Michelle Obama.
True happiness comes from knowing who you are (self discovery) and loving yourself, “even though…” Anyone who can live without caring about the validation of others is the one who has found true happiness.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Simi – There For You ft Ms Banks [AuDio]
- Skales – Tell Us [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- May D – Molatiwa E (I Gasto Find You) [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]