A Justice of the federal high court in Ikoyi, Lagos, C J Aneke, has granted an order of interim injunction restraining Multichoice from enforcing its planned increase in cost of the different classes of viewing of its pay TV, DSTV.
MultiChoice, owners of DStv and GOtv, had announced a 20 percent price increase for all its satellite pay TV bouquets in Nigeria to take effect from April 1, 2015. According to them, the annual price increase, usually in-line with inflation, is necessary for it to continue offering the best in local and international entertainment to its subscribers.
The judge asked parties to maintain status quo in support of the motion ex parte with an affidavit of
urgency sworn to by the plantiff. The order read in part:
�That an order of interim injunction is hereby granted to the parties to maintain the status quo restraining the 1st defendant (Multichoice/DSTV) from giving effect or enforcing its planned increase in cost of the different classes of viewing or programmes bouquet, pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.”
�That an order is hereby granted certifying the plaintiffs’ claim as a class action for themselves as individual subscribers, other corporate subscribers, distributors and retailers of the 1st defendants’ services.
�That an order is hereby granted restraining any other person whether individual or corporate from instituting any other action as may be related to the action against the defendant to prevent multiplicity of lawsuits pursuant to the appointment of the plaintiffs in the class action but may instead opt in or out of this action”.
The suit, filed by Adebayo Osasuyi and Oluyinka Oyeniji, DSTV subscribers/customers, at the federal high court registry Ikoyi, Lagos was adjourned to the 16th April 2015 for hearing.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- DJ Neptune – My Birthday Mix 3 ft Olamide
- Reminisce ft Olamide & Endia – Government (Ijoba)
- P Square – Magical Healing
- Wasiu Alabi Pasuma – IFE ft Tiwa Savage [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Rihanna – Lift Me Up ft Tems
- DJ Big N – Aje ft Remy Crown
- Dremo – Wonder ft Patoranking
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]