Davido first of all said he doesn’t want to be Don Jazzy, who was in the same room with 10 other producers including Kanye West.
I don’t want that to be me he told The Fader. I wanna be that one African nigga, where it’s like, ‘Call that African nigga. Let’s get him on the hook’.
He also firmly believes his American background gives him an edge unlike Don Jazzy and D’Banj.
I can be in the club with Meek Mill and Future and be on a level with them
I understand what they’re talking about. I know what the trap is. These are things that some of these other guys, they don’t have it. They can’t have these conversations with the rappers, so how can they have them with the (American) fans?
When asked if whether he thinks the world is ready for a Nigerian superstar, he said
Of course they’re ready, They just might not know what that’s going to look like.
David also said he knows the kind of song that will be accepted in the US.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive