A few days ago, one of his producers, DeeVee accused Olamide of stealing one of the KokoMaster’s songs. DeeVee accused Olamide of stealing D’banj’s ‘Shake It’ and making it into one of the songs on his albums
D’banj while speaking to pressmen recently was finally able to address the issue.
I didn’t know about the message from DeeVee but the truth is the truth. My house is open; I have songs you guys have not heard. I have songs that I’m about to release with producers you guys have asked me to work with. From time, anyone can come into my studio and listen to our songs and not just Olamide can come in. To me, it’s not stealing, I see it as inspiration.
This particular one, this is a line I have been saying for a long time, ‘Shake it, don’t break it, it took your mama nine months to make it’. I actually heard it from Prince Aremo Oniru. Even Baddo (Olamide) had played about it saying, “Baba if you no use this line I go use am o” but I said I go use am.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]