He recently appealed to the people of his state ahead of the Sept. 19 governorship election.
According to him, the supporters of the party should re-elect the present government for continuity of its people-oriented programmes
He added that he is ready to do his part and the election is very important for him.
His words, “To whom much is given, much is expected. I am aware of your request in this community which include more empowerment, and more appointments.”
“I am ready to do my part. So vote for me I work for you. This election is important, help me to help you.”
What do you think?
Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki (born 1 July, 1957 in Benin City, Nigeria) is a Nigerian politician and businessman, who is currently serving as the Executive Governor of Edo State. He was sworn in as the governor on 12 November 2016. He was the Chairman of the Edo State Economic and Strategy Team inaugurated by former Governor Adams Oshiomole in March 2009.
Born in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, Obaseki is the third child of Late Pa Roland Obaseki and Gbinigie of Owina Street, Ogbelaka Quarters, Benin City. He attended St. Matthew’s Primary School for his primary school education and proceeded to Eghosa Grammar School, in Benin City, for secondary education.
Obaseki thereafter proceeded to the University of Ibadan, where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Classics. For his mandatory one year National Youth Service, he served in Jos, Plateau State. He later left Nigeria for the United States to attend Columbia University and Pace University in New York, where he obtained an MBA in Finance and International Business.
Obaseki is married to Betsy Bene Obaseki, a financial expert. She holds BSc. and MSc. in Accounting from the University of Lagos, and an alumnus of the Kellog’s School of Business Executive Management Programme, USA. He is an avid golfer.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Johnny Drille & LadiPoe – Hold On [AuDio]