The Senate has begged the Federal Ministry of Aviation and other important authorities to upgrade the Ibadan Domestic Airport Alakia to the status of an international airport.
The resolutions came after the presentation of the motion sponsored by Sen. Balogun Ademola (PDP-Oyo South) during plenary on “The need to upgrade the Ibadan Airport with modern facilities.”
According to Balogun, upgrading the airport with modern facilities is required since Ibadan has the potential to attract economic development both locally and internationally.
His words, “The total land area acquired for the Ibadan Airport is about 557.1 hectares currently; hence when fully utilised, can conveniently accommodate a standard international airport.
“Hosting an international airport in Ibadan will propel the tourist sector and provide a communication link which is vital between different groups of people involved within the region.
“The upgrade will also attract foreign investments to the region and ultimately increase the gross domestic product of Nigeria.”
Supporting the motion, Sen. Francis Fadahunsi(PDP-Osun East) added that since the airport was built in 1983, it has never been upgraded.
His words, “Ibadan as the south-west headquarters with a population of about six million will be able to attract international focus when the airport is upgraded.
“We are pleading for massive support of the Senate that Ibadan airport should be upgraded into an international standard to attract foreign investors into the country.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]