The governor simply revealed that the menace would be curbed once the ongoing projects in the state are completed in the next 18 months.
According to him, his government has started the channelization of rivers and streams as well as the construction of vital bridges to pave way for free-flow of water to end the dangerous flooding once and for all.
He then warned residents against building structures on waterways and dumping refuse on drainages and waters.
What do you think?
Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde (born 25 December 1967) is a Nigerian businessman, politician and philanthropist. He is the governor of Oyo State in South-western Nigeria. He is an engineer and a subject matter expert on fluid and gas metering.
Until August 2018, he was the Group Managing Director of Makon Group Limited; an indigenous oil and gas company in Nigeria. He established his first oil and gas private business, Makon Engineering and Technical Services (METS), at age 29 in 1997, after years of work experience with international oil and gas companies.
Makinde was born to a renowned teacher turned accountant, late Pa Olatubosun Makinde and Madam Abigail Makinde of Aigbofa Compound in Oja’ba, Ibadan. He is the third child of the family.
Makinde was sworn in as the 28th executive Governor of Oyo State on 29 May 2019. He took over from Senator Abiola Ajimobi after the latter’s eight years in office.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Trey Songz – Sleepless Nights ft Davido
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]