Burna Boy has lamented that there is too much politics in the Nigerian music industry and has blamed his inability to win awards on that.
Burna boy said all this during an interview with The Fader Magazine.
It’s political, man. To be honest, I don’t really feel like I’m a part of the industry. Check out awards, I don’t get awards because the powers that be don’t really like me. I’m not like everyone else; I won’t do what everyone else does. They don’t like it. Everything is really political, too much politics in the industry and I’m not a very good politician.
So I don’t really involve myself in all that. I just drop hit songs, and my fan base keeps increasing. If I was a part of the industry then I wouldn’t have shit today. Think about it. It would just be one of the songs you hear in the club and then that’s it. But right now, you see, I don’t have the most Twitter followers or the most Instagram numbers or whatever, but the things that I do the people with one million followers can’t do it
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Joe El – Epo ft Zlatan & Davido
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Pronto ft Omah Lay [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Gbona [AuDio]