Burna Boy has lamented that there is too much politics in the Nigerian music industry and has blamed his inability to win awards on that.
Burna boy said all this during an interview with The Fader Magazine.
It’s political, man. To be honest, I don’t really feel like I’m a part of the industry. Check out awards, I don’t get awards because the powers that be don’t really like me. I’m not like everyone else; I won’t do what everyone else does. They don’t like it. Everything is really political, too much politics in the industry and I’m not a very good politician.
So I don’t really involve myself in all that. I just drop hit songs, and my fan base keeps increasing. If I was a part of the industry then I wouldn’t have shit today. Think about it. It would just be one of the songs you hear in the club and then that’s it. But right now, you see, I don’t have the most Twitter followers or the most Instagram numbers or whatever, but the things that I do the people with one million followers can’t do it
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)