When asked about his relationship with Patoranking, Timaya got a bit nervous and replied:
Am bigger than one guy level, I don’t want to leave my career to push his career, he is on another p, I put him somewhere else, I don’t have issues with Patoranking, I handled him first, paid for his Alubarika’s video.
The popular singer further revealed that his collaboration with Sean Paul on Watta Bam Bam remix, which was shot three weeks ago in Miami US, would be dropping mid-week.
It would be recalled that Patoranking hooked up with Timaya in 2012 and is believed to have signed with Dem Mama Records. He also began working with the label’s manager Prince Oluzor. In the middle of last year, Dem Mama Records released Patoranking’s official debut single titled “Alubarika” and, shortly, dropped a video for it in August. It has been quite successful in Nigeria and Malaysia.
The sources of funding Patoranking’s project were unclear. The ‘Ukwu‘ singer has been reportedly surprised by Patoranking’s move to ditch the label in January 2014. The rising artiste just ignores Timaya’s attempts to contact him.
Patoranking now associates with a new label FOSTON MUSIK, which released his new single “Girlie O” in February 2014.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)