Kirk recently revealed that he is proud of his kids because they are independent thinkers and powerful voices to their generation.
According to him, he and his wife simply brought them up to be real and they have been just that since they were born.
He added that he is hoping they can impact the same values in the lives of their own kids in the future.
His words, “I am so proud of my children. They are independent thinkers and powerful voices to their generation. We didn’t raise them to be religious, but to be REAL. In the Franklin family you’ll get the Holy Ghost and these Hands.”
What do you think?
Kirk Dewayne Franklin (born January 26, 1970) is an American choir director, gospel musician, singer, songwriter, and author. He is best known for leading urban contemporary gospel choirs such as The Family, God’s Property, and One Nation Crew (1NC) among many others.
He has won numerous awards, including 16 Grammy Awards. Variety dubbed Franklin as a “Reigning King of Urban Gospel”.
A native of Fort Worth, Texas, Franklin was raised by his aunt, Gertrude, having been abandoned as a baby by his mother.
Gertrude recycled aluminum cans to raise money for Kirk to take piano lessons from the age of four. Kirk excelled and was able to read and write music while also playing by ear.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)