Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, recently revealed this in a statement at the 4th regular meeting with the Presidential Economic Advisory Council held on Tuesday at the State House, Abuja.
According to him, CBN must not give money to import food because already, about seven states are producing all the rice we need and we must eat what we produce.
He added that he is happy with the recent strides made in agricultural production following the programme of diversification, as it has helped to ease the over-reliance on oil in the country.
His words, “Going back to the land is the way out. We depend on petrol at the expense of agriculture. Now the oil industry is in turmoil.
”We are being squeezed to produce at 1.5 million barrels a day as against a capacity to produce 2.3 million.
”At the same time, the technical cost of our production per barrel is high, compared to the Middle East production,”
“We will continue to encourage our people to go back to the land. Our elite is indoctrinated in the idea that we are rich in oil, leaving the land for the city for oil riches.
”We are back to the land now. We must not lose the opportunity to make life easier for our people. Imagine what would have happened if we didn’t encourage agriculture and closed the borders. We would have been in trouble.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]