He revealed this while he delivered his speech at his swearing-in today in Benin City, alongside the governor was his deputy, Philip Shaibu.
According to him, democracy and participatory government have been difficult to achieve locally and globally, and he thanks President Muhammadu Buhari for allowing the will of the people to prevail in Edo State.
He added that his re-election represents new hope and he sees himself as a vessel in the redefinition of democracy in Nigeria.
His words, “It is gratifying that Edo State is taking on this onerous task of restoring faith in democracy.
“What you, my dear people of Edo State, achieved on September 19 is the restoration of confidence in democracy and its institutions.”
“We have become a point of reference on how the will of the people can triumph in a democracy that functions properly.”
“My reelection represents new hope. I see myself as a vessel in the redefinition of democracy in Nigeria and I am not unaware of the enormous responsibility this places on me.
“Aside from the fact that it restores hope in democracy, our victory also offers an opportunity for us to bridge the gap between a challenged past and a promising future.
“It is time to heal. We are kith and kin with a common destiny. Let’s stop dwelling in the past. It time to take our common destiny in our hands and commence the odious task of making Edo great again.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Timaya – Okaka
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Timaya – Something Must To Kill A Man
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]