US Top hip-hop artist, Shawn Carter, also known as Jay Z, has bought the Armand de Brignac champagne brand.
New York wine and spirits company Sovereign Brands said it had sold the luxury brand to the rapper for an undisclosed price.
The champagne, also known as “Ace of Spades”, is produced in the French town of Chigny-les-Roses by eight people only.
The golden-bottled champagne, sells for $300 (N51,000).
Jay z has been known for his love of the champagne, which is bottled at a winemaking house founded in 1763. He reportedly displayed 350 bottles of the drink at a fundraiser that he and his wife Beyonce Knowles threw for US President Barack Obama in a New York night club in 2012.
The acquisition is the latest addition to Jay Z’s vast business interests outside of his music, which include a clothing line, restaurants and a recording label.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- 4X4 ft Davido – Baby Dance [AuDio + ViDeo]