The Federal Controller of Housing in Lagos State, Mrs Margaret Adejobi recently revealed this to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing has explored various means to ensure immediate take-off of the mass housing programme in Lagos State, but the process is currently constrained by lack of land.
She added that it is only Lagos State that does not have any National Housing Programme of all the 36 states.
Her words, “It is only Lagos State that does not have any National Housing Programme of all the 36 states.”
“The demand for housing in Lagos is huge. We have contractors on the ground that if they give us the land today, we will start work immediately.”
“Our minister and permanent secretary are really passionate about mass housing for Lagos State.”
“Ministries and agencies have landed property all over Lagos which are being encroached upon.”
“If, for example, they have about 100 hectares of land which they acquired and need just about three to five hectares, there is no point holding onto all the land.”
“Why not make use of the ones you need and give our ministry some, let us do this mass housing that we have been canvassing for.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]
- L.A.X – Faster
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape