I felt bad when I learnt that he worked on my song without my consent.
He did not even give me credit. He is a very bad artiste and he took advantage of the circumstance that I was facing during that time.
In 2013, Timi Dakolo released a remix of Majek’s smashing hit song, and Timi has now gone ahead to monetize the track, with the song currently listed on digital music stores as a single. But the veteran reggae singer said Timi Dakolo didn’t seek his consent before recording, producing and releasing the song.
Majek Fashek had this to say about Timi Dakolo,
He broke the rules of copyright. He is a thief because in music business, he must take permission before he works on someone’s song.
Majek told Punch.
That is why we have COSON. I did not give anyone the right to do anything with my song. I have a management team I work with headed by Omenka Uzoma. Dakolo never bothered to look for me before stealing my song. He has infringed on the laws of copyright and he is not an original artiste. It is only people like Tuface, Wizkid, Olamide that are original.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- D’banj – Face Show ft Skiibii & HollyHood Bay Bay
- Rexxie & Lil Frosh – Won Yabo
- Mavin ft Crayon, Ayra Starr, LADIPOE, Magixx & Boy Spyce – Overdose
- White Money & Zoro – Na We We
- Zinoleesky – Loving You
- DJ 4kerty – Zazoo MixTape
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- Burna Boy – Last Last
- Spinall & Asake – Palazzo
- Davido – Stand Strong ft The Samples
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)