A Lagos High Court in Igbosere has ordered the immediate arrest of Monalisa Chinda due to tax evasion issues.
The Nation is reporting that the Lagos State Ministry of Justice recently filed an application alleging that the Nollywood actress did not honor several court summons, which left Justice Adedayo Akintoye with no choice but to make the arrest order two months ago.
The tax evasion charge is for Monalisa’s failure to pay income tax for her company, Monalisa Code Productions.
Monalisa Chinda has reportedly not revealed herself in court since the matter was brought to court 2 years ago.
The Prosecution counsel said while making an application for the bench warrant, “The defendant has been served with hearing notice. The proof of service is in the court’s file.”
Granting the application, Justice Akintoye postponed further proceedings till February 2.
On the postponed date, the court heard that the bench warrant was not still effected.
It ordered that the warrant should continue and adjourned till April 1.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Trey Songz – Sleepless Nights ft Davido
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]