Timi revealed that his dad is very much alive and doing well.
See what he shared,
This is coming after several reports circulated that his father passed on recently because of a post from Timi himself, mourning the death of a man who played a vital role in his upbringing.
Good to know.
Timi Dakolo (born; January 20, 1981) is a Nigerian singer. He emerged winner of the inaugural season of Idols West Africa in 2007. Accompanying his victory was a recording contract with Sony BMG, in addition to other prizes.
Timi Dakolo was born in Accra, Ghana to a Nigerian father, Bayelsa-native David and a Ghanaian mother, Norah, who died when Dakolo was thirteen years old. Despite being born in Ghana, Timi has a Nigerian passport and does not claim dual citizenship. He was raised in Port Harcourt by his grandmother Ateni Dakolo and his aunt Susan Larry, and he credits his aunt as his early singing teacher. So deep was their relationship that Timi declined an offer to move to Lagos with his parents, opting to stay back in Port-harcourt with them.
Timi started singing in church at the age of twelve. In 2003, he joined the singing group Purple Love as a founding member. They dominated the Port Harcourt club circuit, but disbanded in 2005 as all its members had gained admission into the University of Port Harcourt. Around that same period, Timi won a local talent hunt contest G.E FACTO, which held in Port Harcourt.
Timi Dakolo married Busola Dakolo (nee Amupitan) in 2012. They have three children.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]