He recently revealed this during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Washington, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, his official visit to the U.S. has nothing to do with the microblogging and social networking platform, and he went there for a different reason.
Lai added that he went to America to meet with international media organisations and discuss the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration’s efforts to end insurgency, banditry and criminality in Nigeria.
His words, “Can a minister sneak out of Nigeria without people knowing?”
“When you say I sneaked out of Nigeria, are you saying I went to board at a terminal where nobody is or I travel to Republic of Benin to fly out of the country.”
“I was at an international airport, where I presented myself openly and I was checked in at the counter like every other travelers of the airline.”
“I boarded and passed through the checks by the Immigration service and Customs.”
“How can you come and say I sneaked out of the country?”
“You and I have been here, have I met with any twitter official?”
“When you talk about fake news and its danger, we need to take it seriously and I am happy that the entire world is now seen what we saw more than two years ago.”
“I can assure you that we will not rest until we regulate the social media, otherwise, nobody will survive it.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]