He recently revealed that this has to happen to allow an audit of the Subscriber Registration Database.
Speaking via Director, Public Affairs, NCC, Dr Ikechukwu Adinde, Pantami revealed that the move is in line with Federal Government’s desire to consolidate the achievement of September 2019 SIM card registration.
He added that the aim of the audit is to verify and ensure compliance by Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) with the set quality standards and requirements as issued by the ministry and the commission.
His words, “Accordingly, Mobile Network Operators are hereby directed to immediately suspend the sale, registration and activation of new SIM cards until the audit is concluded, and government has conveyed the new direction.
“Where it is absolutely necessary, exemption may be granted in writing by the commission, following approval from the government.
“MNOs are to please note that non-compliance with this directive will be met with strict sanctions, including the possibility of withdrawal of operating licence.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)