Nicki Minaj is one to keep her private life private, but on a recently leaked single off her hotly anticipated The Pink Print album, the rapper is laying bare. Nicki opened up about her family, relationships, and even a pregnancy she experienced as a teenager!
The leaked track has been snatched down from most media outlets due to a copyright issue, but according to Billboard, on the song titled “All Things Go” produced by Boi-1day, Vinylz, and Allen Ritter and co-written by Ester Dean – Nicki Minaj spoke candidly verse by verse.
On the first verse, the 31-year-old rapper admits to hesitantly accepting a proposal 10 years ago
(“Ten years ago was when you proposed/ I looked down.. ‘Yes, I suppose'”), while on the second verse she addresses her little cousin’s death, which still haunts her:
(“Ni–as trying to kill him/ He ain’t even call me/ And that’s a reflection of me, yes I get it, I get it was all me/ I’ll pop a pill and remember the look in his eyes the last day he saw me”).
On third verse, Nicki details why she’s protective over her relationship with her mother and brothers, including her younger brother Caiah –
(“The more I work, the more I feel like somehow they’re neglected”).
And then the big one – she closes the verse revealing that she lost a baby of hers and her ex’s 16 years ago.
(“My child with Aaron would have been 16, any minute/ So in some ways I feel like Caiah is the both of them/ It’s like he’s Caiah’s little angel, looking over him”).
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- D’banj – Face Show ft Skiibii & HollyHood Bay Bay
- Rexxie & Lil Frosh – Won Yabo
- Mavin ft Crayon, Ayra Starr, LADIPOE, Magixx & Boy Spyce – Overdose
- White Money & Zoro – Na We We
- Zinoleesky – Loving You
- DJ 4kerty – Zazoo MixTape
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- Burna Boy – Last Last
- Spinall & Asake – Palazzo
- Davido – Stand Strong ft The Samples
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)