Border officials in Sydney, Australia found about ten kilograms of the hard and very addictive substance in one of three gold fish statues headed to a resident of Kaleen, north of Canberra.
The local police was alerted immediately the border official found the hard drug and the 32-year-old Nigerian was apprehended.
Local police says that:
�The man, who arrived in Australia in July on a student visa, faces a maximum penalty of life in jail if he’s convicted of attempting to possess a commercial quantity of an illegal drug.
The joint operation between ACT Policing and the Australian Federal police began earlier this month, following the Nigerian’s movements to two addresses before the statues were opened.
A search warrant was conducted on a property in Kaleen where similar statues and packaging were found.
Deputy Chief Police Officer Andrea Quinn credits the find to the joint operation between the law enforcement agencies.”
Commander Quinn further added that: �We continue to work closely with our partners to prevent this destructive drug reaching our streets.”
A date has been fixed for the suspect’s hearing as he will be facing the ACT Magistrates Court on Monday.
- Nero – Ifeoma ft Mr. Frank
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Oxlade – DKT (Dis Kind Thing) [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]