That Nollywood actress Uche Ogbodo wedded her UK based ex-footballer fiancé, Apo�Arthur, on the 5th October 2013 in Nkanu, Enugu is�not a secret anymore.
But Uche sure did a pretty good job of keeping it under wraps until after the wedding.
In a recent interview with Encomium magazine, Uche talked about why she chose a secret wedding, how she met her man and why she married him.�And if she will relocate abroad after their white wedding.
- Congratulations, we heard you are married?
Yes, that is true.� Thank you.
- How does it feel to be married?
It is God’s blessing.� It is a thing of joy, everybody prays for it.
We have done everything we need to do, the main ceremony will take place soon.� Most likely before this year runs out, the white wedding will take place.� So, I cannot say I had a secret wedding per se.
- How and when did you meet your husband?
I met him in Nigeria, at a colleague’s birthday.� Immediately I saw him, I knew he was my husband.� It is more than a year ago now.
- How did he approach and propose to you?
He stood and was staring at me. He told me something said he should just talk to me and he did.� We introduced ourselves, I told him I was an actress, that was it.
- Tell us more about him.
His name is Apo. He is from Anambra State.� He is an ex-footballer based in the United States of America.
- A lot of men stop their wives from acting after marriage, what will happen to your acting career?
He knows I am an actress.� I told him immediately I met him and he likes what I do. He supports me career wise.� He understands what is happening in our industry, he is in full support.
- Why the choice of a U.K-based man?
Men that have travelled far and wide know what is happening in the industry, he is exposed.� He has mingled with people from other cultural backgrounds and with different people.� A lot of Nigerian men don’t really understand what is happening in the industry, most especially if they are not into entertainment.� He too is into show business as well.� So, he understands the terrain.� I think it is quite easy that way.
He has mingled with a lot of show business stars, he knows as an actress, I have to mingle with friends so I can get movie roles. I have to kiss in movies and I can be away for some days.� So, it is a good thing to have someone who understands you.
- What is happening to you career wise?
I am still very active in the industry.� I have been very busy of recent. I have done a lot, some of the movies I featured will soon be out.� Agunba will soon be out, Onyewa will also be out.� I have been very busy.� More movies will be released very soon.
- Will you be relocating abroad after your wedding?
I love to be with him, but I still have to continue with my career.� I will be shuttling U.K and Nigeria.� Thank God I can travel anytime I want.� I still want to continue with my acting career, so I will be on and off.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]