He recently revealed this in Benin at a dinner party organised for Team Edo which took part at the just-concluded National Sports Festival.
According to him, the youths should not be discouraged after the several challenges facing the nation, and they should have hope for a brighter future for Nigeria.
He added that it is also the duty of the youths to keep Nigeria united, and the sports festival guarantees that united spirit.
His words, “This event was significant at this time in the history of Nigeria as we need to give our youths hope with events like the sports festival to unify the nation at this trying times.”
“Don’t despair, don’t be discouraged or disturbed following the challenges we are facing as a nation but just have hope, do your bit to keep Nigeria one. That is the spirit behind the sports festival.”
On Team Edo, “Our athletes did well. They were not caught with drugs or caught doping. They did their best and won their medals without being involved in drugs. Our youths were well behaved throughout the competition.”
“The spirit of the National Sports Festival was born in this city after the Civil war as our leaders thought it wise to use the game to unite the nation.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]