Nigerian R and B crooner, Paul Play Dairo has gone to court for redress over the unlawful use of his hit song “Angel of My Life” on MTN project fame West Africa.
The music star was faraway in the United States of America last year when the song was used without proper licensing.
His intellectual property manager, Mr. Ayo Rotimi was not even aware of the situation and responses from the two organisations – MTN and Ultima LTD after a call was put across to them appeared cold and unfriendly.
Paul Play confirmed that he is suing the two companies, affirming that his management had contacted Festus Keyamo chambers to serve both organisations the suit.
Yes, it is very true that I am suing MTN and Ultima Limited for the unlawful use of my song. I have contacted my lawyers and they are on it.
He however declined to comment further on how much he is claiming for the copyright infringement.
Please I can’t comment further, I have instructed my lawyers and they are taking actions very soon
This will be the first major lawsuit in modern times, by a Nigerian artist, claiming copyright infringement in Nigerian courts.
Attempt to reach MTN management and Ultima LTD to confirm the news failed as the concerned mobile lines were confirmed unavailable
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jamopyper & Davido – Better Better (Remix)
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Teeblaq – Gbemileke Remix ft Sound Sultan
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- 2Baba & Falz – Rise Up
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Rudeboy – Focus
- Falz – Mercy
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Ajebutter22 – Unconditionally ft Oxlade
- Humblesmith – Dance