Meanwhile Ireti granted an interview (years ago) about getting pregnant at such a young age, enjoy!
Interview Question: That baby you had as teenager, why did you decide to keep the pregnancy?
I don’t know why. It was something to share; something other people could learn from and besides, it was my story to tell. It was never a secret story. It happened in a town where people lived, the people who witnessed it are still alive. It was never a secret. It just didn’t happen here, and it wasn’t the past that I was running away from, it was not that I was hiding, ashamed of, but I don’t know what goes on, on the inside of somebody else, I only know how I react to some of the situations. The fruit of that pregnancy is in my house. She is a 22-year-old girl. So what would I have been saying? This is my sister? No, it didn’t make any sense. I knew that at some point in time, that this story would be told that the next generation and next generation of young girls can learn from it.
What do you think the next generation will learn?
Making the right choices. Knowing who you are, having the confidence to be who you are regardless of what’s going on around you, what everybody is saying or thinking and making the right choice.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]