Just in case you didn’t watch,�here are some of the trending comments President Jonathan made during the chat.
On ASUP strike:
“If you go on strike for one day, by law, you are supposed to forego your
salary. It is only in Nigeria that a body will go on strike for 6 months, and still get salary for the 6 months. The Polytechnic strike is been handled.
My declaration for 2015 should not be a problem for Nigeria, but how we manage the
economy. PDP is the champion. We need to know the challenger before we declare our candidate for 2015.
The word corruption is now being overused. There is difference between corruption and common stealing. If anybody steals $20bn today, America will know and tell you where the money is, because $20bn is a lot of money. More than 70 % of the cases called corruption are stealing which can be easily investigated.�
On how he’s handling issues:
People say I am too gentle, that is not true. If I should exercise 50% of my powers, I will be described as a dictator.
Missing Chibok schoolgirls/Boko Haram: President got emotional, almost in tears talking about this at a point:
I feel pained anytime I hear�one Nigerian is killed by the madness called Boko Haram. �I feel very pained. I personally spoke with Barack Obama, President of France & China to help us with battle against Boko Haram.
We promise we will find the Chibok girls. We have requested for assistance from the US, but I can’t go into details. On the list that I saw, 80% of the kidnapped girls in Chibok are Christians. We can’t negotiate with somebody you don’t know; nobody has claimed responsibility for abduction.�We need every information, their pictures, names and any other details that we can get to put this incident behind us. We are trying our best and appreciate the concern of Nigerians over the situation in the country. Even the missing Malaysian Aircraft the world is yet to find it, so we are not alone”
* �I don’t know where they are… there is no confirmation of the location of the schoolgirls, you are a journalist, you know more than me.”
* “If I exercise 40/50% of my powers, Nigerians would say I am a dictator. Some African leaders who used only 60 were condemned as dictators”
* �I assure you that we will get the girls out but we can only do it with the co-operation of their parents and guardians.”
* “Over 70% of what they call corruption in Nigeria, is mere common theft. The word corruption is being abused, it’s just mere theft.”
* �Even when I’m in church I am monitoring what is happening. Anytime I get reports of an attack somewhere… my face will change immediately… my expression will change. It used to happen every Sunday
* �Anytime I hear of any one Nigerian dies I feel pained… even if it’s a Boko Haram member � I am their president.”
* �Pakistan terrorists have been fighting terrorism for over 10 years now so it’s not something that a 6 months State of Emergency can solve.”
* �The Petroleum Minister has appeared before the Parliament for over 200 days… in the Nigerian Parliament you’ll agree with me that there is more politics than work.”
* �People have been confusing corruption with stealing. If public officers steal money they term it under corruption….”
* “PDP is the champion. We are the ones holding the belt. We are waiting to see the challenger”
* “The popular Nollywood wasn’t captured in the assessment of the economy as Africa’s strongest’
* �If Sanusi hadn’t been suspended he would have come up with a different figure… If anyone steals $50 billion or $20 billion anywhere America will know, they will tell you where it is; it is their money.”
“I don’t want to be a dictator who does things anyhow” in reference to the SEC, DG
“Allegations that the girls have been sold out as wives is untrue, there’s no evidence”
“I will set up a panel to investigate the illegal increase in pump price by marketers”
“50 billion dollars cannot miss. Its ridiculous, because even the USA will know its missing. Its their money”
“Some people say O the president is too gentle, I have been a president for about 4yrs now, ask yourself how many service chiefs have i changed, how many police heads. have I changed. No other person has done that”
“No human being can satisfy everybody. If I change my cabinet everytime they complain of corruption, what does that make me?”
“The ministry of petroleum has aircrafts. They have always been using Jets, and when their jets have problems, they hire. I don’t know”
“Even the richest man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, if we ask him to bring 10 billion dollars, he won’t bring it in cash”- in reference to the missing 20 billion dollars.
“APC that is an opposition party has not announced their presidential candidate, you are asking PDP to announce. We are the champions, the leaders, the Cup is in our hands. The challengers have not even announced”
“The CBN governor is no ordinary Nigerian, he is the governments banker. He said 50 billion dollars is missing, then 45 billion, later 20 billion dollars. He just kept changing figures, if not for his suspension he would probably come up with a new figure”
“I never said Boko Haram infiltrated my cabinet. The FEC is the cabinet made up of the President, VP and ministers, what I said is that in “the government which is made up of three arms”
“”If we attack Sambisa forest, the insurgents will disperse, go back to the villages and cause more harm”
“There must be some bad eggs in the basket, some weavels.” In reference to the Nigerian military.
“I feel hurt each time a single Nigerian is killed, including boko haram because they are still Nigerians”
“We have asked countries for support including USA, UK, France, Cameroon, Chad e.t.c.”
“We advice Abuja residents to stay at home during the World economic forum, for those few days”
“If you cross carpet to another party, the constitution states that you’ll lose your sit.”
“We need support from the US to tackle terrorism. We need counter terrorism logistics support”
“I pray and believe that the chibok kidnapping will not be like the missing Malaysian plane with over 200 passengers. It has not been found even with the best technology at work”
“The press over played the petroleum scandals to get at the minister. And when they failed, they stopped”
“Convey this to the parents and guardians of the Chiboks girls, we need photographs of those girls. We promise we will find those girls”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda