Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu, Director General of NCDC, revealed this in Abuja today as he reacted to recent media reports suggesting that chloroquine could protect people from COVID-19 or treat those infected.
According to him, nothing has been validated for chloroquine even if there have been promising results by researchers.
He added that until findings are wrapped up, the drug remains unapproved for treatment and self-medication can lead to death.
His words, ”Nigerians should please remember that the use of chloroquine and its derivatives for the management of COVID-19 disease has not been validated and approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
”There have been promising results by researchers. but until the findings are concluded, the drug is not approved for use for COVID-19 treatment.
”Nigerians should know that self-medication can cause harm and lead to death.
“Do not misuse drugs. We understand these are challenging times, and Nigerians may be worried, but the Federal Ministry of Health, through the NCDC, is doing everything it can to continue to ensure the safety and health security of every Nigerian.
“Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have not been licensed to treat COVID-19 related symptoms or prevent infection.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Tekno – Enjoy [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Yemi Alade – Deceive ft Rudeboy [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – My Bebe [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]