Prof. Akin Abayomi, the State Commissioner for Health revealed this as he gave the state’s analysis of the COVID-19 update recently in Lagos State.
According to him, the figures might seem alarming at this point but not following instructions to curb its spread in the state might make things worse in the nearest future.
He added that social distancing is the key to bringing the coronavirus outbreak in Nigeria under control.
His words, “Our Mathematical modeling shows that worst case scenario we might have 39, 000 cases in Lagos State; however, if we practice good social distancing, we can limit that to about 13,000,”
“The figures may seem alarming at this point, but this is just to emphasise the importance to the Lagos Community to follow the instructions of the Incidence Commander to ensure they practice good social distancing.
“Social distancing is the key to bring the outbreak under control, because that way, we are not giving the virus the opportunity to spread from person to person,”
“As expected, when we close borders, we see Nigerians fly to neighbouring countries and try to enter through the land border.
“We have a situation at the Seme Border; 16 students who are trying to enter Nigeria, what they are doing outside the border, we do not know.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Tekno – Enjoy [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Yemi Alade – Deceive ft Rudeboy [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – My Bebe [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]