He recently revealed this via his social media page, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the tag needs to be reviewed immediately, else, it will soon be okay for women to ram men with trucks and face no consequence.
Wole added that there should be a limit to the things a man can take even when he is a gentleman.
Do you agree?
Nollywood is a sobriquet that originally referred to the Nigerian film industry. The origin of the term dates back to the early 2000s, traced to an article in The New York Times.
Due to the history of evolving meanings and contexts, there is no clear or agreed-upon definition for the term, which has made it a subject to several controversies.
The origin of the term “Nollywood” remains unclear; Jonathan Haynes traced the earliest usage of the word to a 2002 article by Matt Steinglass in the New York Times, where it was used to describe Nigerian cinema.
Charles Igwe noted that Norimitsu Onishi also used the name in a September 2002 article he wrote for the New York Times. The term continues to be used in the media to refer to the Nigerian film industry, with its definition later assumed to be a portmanteau of the words “Nigeria” and “Hollywood”, the American major film hub.
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Yemi Alade – Enjoyment [AuDio]
- Buju – Testimony
- Akuchi – Whyne
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- M-Plus – Gratitude ft J.Martins
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- King Joel & Buju – Zombie
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]