Majek Fashek held a press conference in Abuja on the 10 of August 2015.
The iconic musician opened up on his addiction to drugs and why Nigerian youths should stay away from drugs.
Charly Boy and Majek’s backup singer, Monica Omorodion Swaida were present at the conference.
People should stop the use of alcohol and drugs because being drunk will end up destroying your career and your plans for the future. Coming to the rehab is not a bad idea because I realised that I am addicted to alcohol and it was beginning to affect my output and what I enjoy doing and decided to seek for help. I am not the first singer or person that will go to the rehab; most renowned celebrities we know today go to rehabilitation centres to cool their memory
I publicly admitted to addiction to alcohol because so many things are being said about me on the social media and nobody forced me to the rehab. Propaganda of scandal was being monotonous to my generation. I want to run from the stress of Babylon of Africa and I need to be credited for the works I have done
On the singer’s rehabilitation, his doctor, Dr Vincent Udenze said
Rehabilitation is a long term journey, even if he leaves the centre and goes home, he is still on that journey and that is how we conceptualise rehabilitation.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)