Taraji P. Henson ditched her weaves and wigs and posed with her natural hair for her latest photo shoot for CR Fashion Book, but admitted she was worried she would feel ‘naked’ after ditching the wigs for the photos.
Speaking about how photographer Bruce Weber encouraged her to embrace her natural side, Taraji said:
‘So I’m trying on the clothes and the silk scarf I have on my head slips off, and I say, “Hey, look at my cornrows, aren’t they beautiful?”
‘Bruce Weber is standing there and he goes, “We’ll shoot that.” And I go, “What? We’ll shoot what?” And he says, “We’ll shoot your hair just like that, it’s beautiful.”‘
The actress said she was unsure at first, but Bruce convinced her to do it.
‘Part of me was like, “No, no, no, NO!” This is the hair no one is supposed to see. This is like behind-closed doors hair,’ she admitted. I feel naked. I feel like a plucked chicken… or a wet one. A baby chicken!
- TareeQ – Medicine [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- FloWolf, Dremo & Mayorkun – On A Jay
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Zoro – Church [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]