The 37-year-old whose real name is Enetimi Alfred Odon spoke to Punch in an interview on June 6, 2015 explaining why he was not renewed as an ambassador alongside other artistes in the music industry like Tiwa Savage, Kcee and Praiz.
I have always wanted to become an ambassador to a telecommunications company and I was approached by both Globacom and MTN. I chose MTN. I am a businessman and I feel I should have a better deal this year. If the deal is not good enough for me, then it is not right because I worked very hard to get to the stage I am. It could be right for other people but I think I should do better this year. There are some artistes that are brand ambassadors and they do not have any hit song. They are just there based on pity. Every year, I release a hit song and I feel if we are to renew a contract, we have to revisit the terms and conditions. Not that we would do the same thing as the last time or do it out of pity. Being a brand ambassador makes you limited in some certain areas and I expect to be paid for such limitations. I want more. They are good people and we did not have any misunderstanding. It was purely a business decision
The Dem Mama Record label owner is expecting his second child with his baby mama and currently enjoying a vacation in South Africa.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)