A mother ran into her burning Philadelphia row house to rescue her toddler but died along with the child when smoke prevented their escape.
The fire broke out around 4 a.m. Friday in the city’s Fairhill neighborhood.
According to her Facebook page, the woman, named Elizabeth Perez was aged 29 and was expecting a baby girl in the next few weeks.
Just hours before her death, she posted a photo of her son, Nathaniel Richardson at the dinner table and wrote: ‘My baby boy was hungry and this is what he wanted pancakes.’
Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Derrick Sawyer says the woman initially escaped the blaze with other relatives but realized her toddler was missing.
He says she ran inside to save the child, but she was found holding the child near a second-floor bedroom doorway.
There is no love like a mother’s love… This is so sad.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Trap Symphony [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Diamond Platnumz – Simba [AuDio]
- Cheque & Fireboy DML – History
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]