The current Everton boss signs a six-year contract with Manchester United to replace Sir Alex Ferguson as the club’s manager.
Manchester United has confirmed David Moyes has been appointed to replace Sir Alex Ferguson as the club’s manager.
The current Everton boss will take over on July 1 after signing a six-year contract at Old Trafford.
Sir Alex, who is stepping down after 26 years in charge, said: “When we discussed the candidates that we felt had the right attributes we unanimously agreed on David Moyes.
“David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic. I’ve admired his work for a long time and approached him as far back as 1998 to discuss the position of assistant manager here.
“He was a young man then at the start of his career and has since gone on to do a magnificent job at Everton. There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this Club.”
Earlier, Everton confirmed Moyes�would be leaving at the end of the season.
In a statement, the club said Moyes had been an “outstanding manager” who made a “massive contribution” to the club.
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Faverap – Settle [AuDio]