The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed recently revealed this when he featured on a Radio Nigeria programme, “Politics Nationwide” in Abuja.
According to him, there is a need for synergy with neighbouring countries for such a ban on UK flights to effective, so it has to be considered.
He added that even if the government is concerned over the importation of the COVID-19 new strain, it does not want to take a hasty decision.
His words, “Although the government is concerned over the importation of the COVID-19 new strain, it did not want to take a hasty decision.”
“We did not want to take a hasty decision to ban flight from the UK into Nigeria only to find out our people are going through Cotonou, Lome or Accra to come into the country.
“What the airlines will do is to transfer Nigerian passengers to these routes and they will enter the country through the land borders.
“This will lead to hardship to Nigerians because if you transfer your economy to other countries you lose a lot of money.
“However, if we get the concurrence of these other countries, we will not hesitate to do the needful.
“We are consulting and being very careful in order to take a proper decision.”
- D’banj – Ikebe [AuDio]
- Ecool – Sobente ft Myde
- SkiiBii – Are You Vhere [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Jeff Akoh – Better Thing (Remix) ft Peruzzi
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2021 Mix
- Nandy & Joeboy – Number One
- M.A.D, Iyanya & Praiz – Sade Adu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Barry Jhay – Japa [AuDio]