The board Chairman of the Behavioral Action Care Foundation, a unit of the O 1ST Group, Otunba Bayo Babatunde recently revealed this in a statement to the press.
According to him, the hospital was built to check the prevalence of drug usage and abuse prompted by the location of a university community in the town as well as the large presence of immigrants from Ghana, Niger, Benin, India and China among others.
He added that historically, Ogbomoso indigenes are republicans, peaceful, enterprising and widely travelled, and NDLEA wants things to stay that way.
His words, “Historically, Ogbomoso indigenes are Republicans, peaceful, enterprising and widely travelled. However, things have changed and as in other parts of the country and the traditional values of hard work and moral standards are disappearing and giving way to acts alien to our community. This is worrisome especially when you consider the potential insecurity of lives, property and most especially the future of the community when the majority of the youths are drug dependent.”
What do you think?
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Hanu Jay & Mayorkun – Insane
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Patoranking – Celebrate Me
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Oritse Femi – Baby ft Iyanya
- Olamide – PonPon ft Fave
- Rema – Soundgasm
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]