Olamide has opened up on why he doesn’t rap English.
When asked by City people magazine, he explained why he choose to rap in Yoruba
Se Ema San Wo Mi (will you pay me for that) (laughs).
Like I have always said, if I want to listen to an English rap, I will rather buy a Jay Z CD, because ‘no Oyinbo wey una go speak for here for Naija wey go fit be like people wey get Oyinbo’. I still believe in indigenous hip-hop and I believe it is the future of Nigerian music.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- BOJ – Emotions
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]