The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) yesterday confirmed the death of 20 Nigerian pilgrims in Saudi Arabia.
The commission Chairman, Alhaji Abdullahi Mukhtar, who spoke at a pre-Arafat stakeholders’ meeting in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, said 14 pilgrims died following cardiac arrest and other ailments, and six lost their lives in the September 11 crane crash.
He said three Nigerians were injured in the crash, as against six earlier reported by the media.
The chairman said the pilgrims, who submitted valid documents to the commission for visa, were transported to Saudi Arabia.
Mukhtar urged the pilgrims to drink more water because of the harsh weather, saying they should only expose themselves to the sun when necessary.
On Arafat, the chairman said the pilgrims would start moving to Mina on Monday at midnight and advised them against climbing the roof of buses conveying them.
�We have resolved at a meeting with clerics to abide by the time given to us by the Saudi authority to start moving to Mina.”
Mukhtar warned clerics against inciting pilgrims against the resolution, saying anyone found doing so would be sanctioned.
His words: �Anyone who violates the decision of the Ulama will be sanctioned. The commission has the power to sanction anyone found wanting.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]